The Mall Family Practice has been serving the community of Sligo for over 75 years. The practice was established on November 1st 1938 by Dr Patrick Heraughty and was located on The Mall in Sligo. In 1978, his son Dr Domhnall Heraughty became a partner. In later years they were joined by Dr Roddy Quinn, Dr Siobhan McCormack, Dr Peter O’Shaughnessy, Dr David O’Connor and Dr. Olwyn Devins and Practice nurses Pauline McLoughlin and Nicola Raftery. In 2002, the practice moved from its original premises to its current location in the Primary Care Building on Barrack Street.